Being in love and loving someone

The question was asked to a group of young people:
"Do you think you are too young to love someone?"

Here is how one girl responded:
"There is a difference between loving someone and being in love with someone.
You can love anyone, but when you are in love with a person you are taking that person for who he/she is, no matter what he/she looks like or does."

"You can fall out of love with someone."
You might stop being in love with someone but you can never stop loving them." 
"Maybe sometimes they never felt what love was."

This really hit me. I was listening to Lauryn Hill- Doo-Wop (that thing). It was a skit at the end of the song. Couldn't help but reflect on what has happened in my life and the experiences with relationships that I have had. I have fallen out of love and learned from it. I have thought I loved someone and really had to step back from the situation and ask myself "Is this really it?" I believe that every relationship I've been in has made me become strong, each in their own way, they have made me step back from the detail and make a big decision. Looking at the big picture, it is always tough to care about someone so much that you need to let them go.

This is a time in my life where I feel so confused at times. Never knowing if people are just being nice and talking to you or if they are really interested in what you have to say and would like to take it further.
I learned today to be more aware of what I do have. Knowing that I have all that I need (and Jesus too) has put me a little more at ease.


Be Anxious For Nothing; 15 Scriptures To Soothe An Anxious Heart.

Comments