Being a part of something...

This year I wanted to be a part of something. I've completed school and wanted to fill my time wisely but volunteering and participating in fellowship with my church. I've been taking classes to connect more with the people and learn more about the Bible. At the end of this past class I took, I needed to create a testimonial to present to the "elders" at the church. So to become a member I needed to come up with something. It just hit me:

Life before Christ:
I was raised Catholic. Going to Catholic school and always being told, "you are children of God," I felt that religion was just another subject I had to complete and a part of my life. I just rolled with it because I didn't know life without it.

How I came to know Him:
I only recently came to know the Lord the past couple of years. I went my own direction and searched for Him. I searched for answers. I wasn't receiving a message from the Catholic church and decided to go another route. After many trials, God brought me to Grace, I really learned how to implement the Lord in my life and confide in Him more.

Gospel- Christ alone, not works has saved you:
Nothing drastic has happened in my life for me to say "because of God I was able to overcome the struggles I've been through." I am lucky to be able to say I know He has always been around. I just never knew how to get close.

How life is different today because of Him:
Now my life rests in His hands. I question so many things. At times feeling I am in a gray area, I put faith in Him that what ever shall happen, good or bad, it was meant for my restoration in following Him.
 We always think the grass is greener on the other side and want more as humans on this earth. Society almost shouts at us on a daily basis through social media, magazines, and television that we think we can't escape it, but I am still learning that none of that will satisfy like He will. Jesus is enough.

Passage of scripture which God has spoken to you:
Psalm 73: 22-24, 28
I was so foolish and ignorant--
 I must have seemed like a senseless animal to you.
Yet I still belong to you;
 you hold my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
 leading me to a glorious destiny.

But as for me, how good it is to be near God!
 I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter, 
 and I will tell everyone about
 the wonderful things you do.

Comments