Filling a Void

Sometimes I sit and wonder: Why do I want all of these things? Things that I really don't need. When I break up a relationship, I look to do something new like get a car, buy a house, get an apartment... What am I trying to accomplish with that?
What void am I trying to fill?

I watch Hoarders sometimes and see that they have gone though something so drastic in their lives that they buy all of these things to fill their homes. Therapists conclude this is done to feel some kind of connection or control that they can keep all of these things and no one can take them away. This is to fill the void of losing something they will never get back.

I have all of these thoughts to buy something or make something of my life. These thoughts are not fulfilled at times and then I'm hard on myself. How can I break this? How can I just let go of the control that I'm trying to have on my life? I need to let go and say YES! You can help me Lord. Please help me. I know you have the knowledge and power that I don't. I'm stepping down so you can control my life.


The true feelings we feel when someone we love dies #grief #quote

Comments