Personal Goals

To those of you who are interested,

I'm writing from the point of view of a girl/woman/lady that has completed her education all the way up to Masters level, traveled to many places in the United States, Europe and South America and successfully holds two part time jobs. She keeps busy, going in and out of her parents house. You see, having two part time jobs in a school doesn't quite equate to a decent income in New York State. She goes to the gym, as often as possible. This is a good stress relief. 

When the work week is complete you would think "Wow a single, athletic, young woman would have the time of her life!" She finds time to hang out with friends, even when she'd rather be home doing laundry, watching Netflix and preparing meals for the work week. 

With a carefully planned out schedule, everything comes together smoothly. Fridays are there for taking care of responsibilities, Saturdays are friend days and Sundays have been put aside to worship the Lord and be with family. Reality is she struggles to find time for herself.

"Sometimes I feel like throwing my hands up in the air"- Florence and the Machine "You've Got the Love"
 
The question has come up: What are your personal goals?
Personal goals can mean anything at this point. I've met so many already, not knowing that I could achieve such heights. I've already been on a swim team and successfully handled it. I've done some races, one being a triathlon that I never even thought I could do! I've traveled to Spain, my dream! I've met the quota of education needed to successfully attain a career. What more could I ask for?

Well starting my career is one thing I really would love to do. Another would be move out of my parents' house. I know some things come with time. Other things would be to travel more. I feel like I could do this with or without a significant other in my life. Someone else being their for support and motivation wouldn't hinder my capacity to become successful and get into the right career... would it?

Is it really necessary to get certain things out of the way before you settle down and create a life and family with someone you are in love with?
I've heard this is more true for men than for women. Men will actually meet someone they really could spend life with, but if their personal goals aren't met they will bypass this person, basically throwing that fish back into the ocean. On the other hand, women will drop everything and fall madly in love with someone, meanwhile this person might not even be the one.

Comments