Don't Run From It

There is an uncontrollable pulse in my head. It brings a sharp pain on the side of my brain that makes me want to close my eyes. Is there a way to stop thinking? If there is, I need to learn how, as soon as possible.
I've been asking the Lord to grant me patience and guidance through this time. I'm in between a rock and a hard place. I am trying to build my experience in teaching, while holding a job as a case manager. Both of these jobs require the use of my thinking skills, clear judgement and a lot of patience. I'm enjoying both but I need to go more toward teaching at this point; careers in teaching could peak at any moment.
This past Sunday's sermon spoke to me. It was called Runaways. Perfect! As I'm thinking of leaving my house and getting an apartment, I want to leave my job and get a new one, I want to leave on vacation and be free for a while. All of these things involve dropping what I am doing and Running Away. Leaving the problem isn't going to fix it. The problem will persist until it is handled.
I have a tendency to procrastinate. Much of which has been avoiding apply for jobs. I'm terrified of the interviews I'm going to have. Enduring all of that negative feedback/ constructive criticism will surly give me thicker skin, yet can I handle that right now? I'm trying to build enough confidence to go to a movie alone, how am I going to do this??

**Breathe **
Think of one thing at a time.
Pray. Meditate. Relax.
It will all come together. 
Everything will be alright.

I can tell myself all of these things, make lists, take it one day at a time and still the procrastination persists.  I find myself veering off into new ideas and possibilities to avoid the things right in front of me.


Comments