The little things...

"Stop and smell the flowers."
"Enjoy it now while you have it."
People say these things all of the time. Especially people who are older.
This is something that I think about when I'm giving thanks for all that I have. Today I walked by an ant carrying a seed back to his home. I thought about writing with that in mind. Most days we would just walk by, might step on the poor guy or even mumble something negative about ants under our breath. The sure sign of spring is here! The trees are blossoming, the birds are chirping and people, in general, are just nicer. Sometimes I wish it could be like this all of the time. I know that in life there needs to be downs for there to be ups, if you know what I mean. The good needs to balance the bad (yin and yang)
I know that life has brought me to where I am today; setting goals and accomplishing them one after the other. It never stops because there is always something else to do. I'm sure many can attest to that. I've never had children but I'm a proud aunt of 3 beautiful nieces and 2 wonderful nephews. These guys sprout like it's their job and just looking at a picture the other day I thought, "Wow how time flies!" 
I want to be able to sit back and see how much I've accomplished in life and be proud of it. More importantly I would like to step back occasionally and be proud of the little moments.
...that's what counts

Comments