Times Have Changed Dating

Guys are like the waves of the ocean in my life right now. They come and go. Its fun for a while but when nothing is stable, its tough to figure out where life is going.
I met this guy... (that's how most of these blogs start!) 
We met in person in the most amazing way and I ended up getting a first date out of it. Didn't know how much he meant to me until he sent me a long message basically stating its a bad time right now.
Wish I could make it work. It actually broke my heart when I got that message.
Guys now (and girls too) I believe are going out and dating with these laundry lists of qualifications they need from a partner. All I want is for this mystery man to have similar interests with me and we have a connection. I would like a companion for life that will be my best friend. We will have this irreplaceable bond. It shouldn't matter what we do for a living, when we want kids or where we want to live. All of this should come naturally with time.
I ask older couples (like my parents) if they knew what they wanted or wondered where there life was going. My parents didn't get married yound, they are still together, they fight sometimes but when we sit back and look at all they have accomplished and all of the love they have for us (my brother, sister and I) its amazing! They didn't have a plan. They lived life and as they lived, basically decided to join the two live and make one.
Sometimes I just want to drop everything and take a road trip or move somewhere. I hate stressing about work and getting an apartment. It's not fun. I wish this guy would've realized how flexible I am about life because if you really connect with someone, why wouldn't you travel to the moon and back with them? As long as that person cares about you beyond words, there should be nothing stopping you. The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. And fear is all in our minds!

Comments