Live for today

Living in the now.
I have been meeting people and reconnecting with friends that all have been sliding me the idea of living in the present. The month of June has just been a push and pull of things happening with my job and making decisions for my summer vacation... or so I thought.
There was one week where I planned a great road trip, almost sold my car and quit my job for the summer. My car was acting up and I was ready to just live in the moment and trade it in. I chose a friend to go on the road trip and she was super excited.
The next week I was told that my job wants to hire me full time, my friend wouldn't be able to spend too much time on a road trip and I gained some compliments from my teaching job and they want me back in September.
The following week it felt like everyone at my job was leaving so we had to throw one party after another.  People who retired had surprise parties,  not to mention the ending of classes so students were having class parties and certificates handed out. My class hasn't finished yet so I wasn't part of the certificates. I did however have to buy gifts and cook for some parties.
In the middle of this circus, I'm training for a Warrior Dash that is in a month. I just teamed up with Rodan and Fields Dermatologists as a consultant. Super excited about this new venture. I actually signed up because I thought it would be a great opportunity to take the business on the road with me! Little did I realize, when one door opens another closes.
I'm currently reading up on my consulting business, closing in on the last days of classes and trying to be more social to meet people!
Going to church on Sunday really spoke to me. I need to live in the now. Walk up to people and start talking about what I do and what I'm involved in makes a difference in my confidence level. It can't hurt to be nice. Make it a ritual to compliment someone, smile a little longer while making eye contact. All of these things are important, not only for networking but looking at our phones won't get us everywhere. The more people you know, the better.
We can plan all day long but once a wrench is thrown into the mix, there is no earning that time back. Live today for tomorrow isn't promised.

  If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Comments