What is love?

What is love?
Why do we look for a relationship with another human being?
I go to church but it was brought to my attention that we choose to love instead of looking for compatibility...
What are your thoughts?
I thought I loved. I equate love to caring for someone...
Is that wrong?
Jesus gave his life for us.  He chose to die on the cross for us because He loves us. That's love. But is that a different kind of love? Everyday, police officers, men and women give their lives in their militant jobs. That's a choice. That's love.
But that's not love in a relationship. Love in a relationship is when you care about someone because you are compatible with them and you are there for them when they need you. When you marry someone its because of how they make you feel; how they bring out the best of you. it's about how a person can make you smile and help you grow. You can talk to this person during tough times.
We all go through tough times. It's my turn now.

I'm going through a rough patch. I would like to have someone that I can talk to and have a good conversation with; not a forced conversation. There is something about him that I don't feel is right for me and I can't pin it right now. He is a great person but I don't see me growing with him. Marriage isn't on my mind at all.  He knows that he loves me and isn't letting go. I'm here trying to escape.

Is this how it's supposed to be?


Comments